About the SID Los Angeles Chapter
If you live in the Southern California area, and are associated with the display field as a researcher designer, product developer, marketer or distributor, you should consider becoming a member of the LA Chapter of the Society for Information Display (SID). The LA Chapter is the founding chapter of the SID (since 1962).
As a member, you will be entitled to useful benefits. As member of SID you will receive the society's publications, the monthly Information Display magazine, and the quarterly SID Journal. You will also have free access to past literature, receive a membership directory for 6000 SID members worldwide, as well as a local chapter directory, and get a discount on the annual SID LA Chapter symposium. Being a member of the SID LA chapter entitles you to the following:
We typically hold meetings on the last Thursday of each month. Go to the Next Meeting for upcoming meeting announcements. Some of the meetings are held jointly with other societies with which we share interests: SMPTE (Society for Motion Picture and Television Engineers), ACM SIGGRAPH, and HFES (Human Factors and Ergonomic Society), One day mini-conferences and plant tour are held occasionally. Meetings address the following areas with talks on technology, applications or markets:
- Monthly meeting notices by email.
- A discount on meals at chapter meetings.
- Directory of LA chapter members, listed by name and by company,
- All sustaining members have the opportunity to post a brief introduction of your company, its products, and its web site links, on the SID LA Chapter web site.
- Professional growth opportunities as you get involved in technical, networking and/or organization activities.
- Public recognition for contributions made to technology, industry or the SID organization.
Chapter and Committee Officers: For a list of the Chapter and Committee Officers, please check out the Contacts page.
- LCD display products and associated devices, optical and electrical components & standards.
- Projection and LCD flat panel technologies for consumer, commercial, industrial and theater applications.
- R&D in display devices, products and systems.
- Unique display technologies, products and systems.